A neural gland is present above the brain in herdmaina. It is brown in colour. It is present in the mantle. It is 4mm in diameter. It show branching tibuIes. At one end it leads into a short duct which opens by ciliated funnel above the dorsal tubercle. In the blood nephrocytes cell are present. They coiled waste matter. They come to the neural gland from there, they are sent out The neural gland secretes a hormone. It help in metamorphosis. Neural gland is considered homologous to pituitary glands of vertebrates.
EXCRETORY ORGAN OF HERDMANIA
By BS Media | Medically reviewed by a board-certified member
Published: July 07, 2017 | Updated: November 30, -0001
Previous topic NERVOUS SYSTEM OF HERDMANIA
Read 1049 times
Get real-time alerts and all the latest updates on your phone with the BIOSCIENCE mobile app. Download from
BS Media is the group of authors and reporters of BIOSCIENCE PAKISTAN which get you to the breaking news about health and biology recent trends and updtaes.
Latest from BS Media
- in HemotologyScreening Tests for Infections Transmissible by Transfusion
- in HemotologyAdverse Effects of Transfusion
- in Dentistry10 Tips to Look After Your Teeth
- Stool Examination for Ova and Parasites
- By BS MediaIs the protection of mental health a priority taught in your schools?
- Bilirubin: Total, Direct and Indirect Bilirubin (Different Types of Jaundice)
- Serum Albumin Test: Purpose, Procedure, and Normal Values
- Adrenal Gland Hormones and Interpretation