- Leukemias and lympomas: Immunophenotyping (evaluation of cell surface markers), diagnosis, detection of minimal residual disease, and to identify prognostically important subgroups.
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria: Deficiency of CD 55 and CD 59.
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: Enumeration of CD34+ stem cells.
- Feto-maternal hemorrhage: Detection and quantitation of foetal hemoglobin in maternal blood sample.
- Anemias: Reticulocyte count.
- Human immunodeficiency virus infection: For enumeration of CD4+ lymphocytes.
- Histocompatibility cross matching.
COMMON APPLICATIONS OF FLOW CYTOMETRY IN HEMATOLOGY
By Dayyal Dg. | Medically reviewed by a board-certified member
Published: July 28, 2017 | Updated: July 31, 2017
Last modified on Monday, 31 July 2017 11:14
Read 626 times
Get real-time alerts and all the latest updates on your phone with the BIOSCIENCE mobile app. Download from
Clinical laboratory professional specialized to external quality assessment (proficiency testing) schemes for Laboratory medicine and clinical pathology. Author/Writer/Blogger
Latest from Dayyal Dg.
- Blood Group Systems
- Screening Tests for Infections Transmissible by Transfusion
- Adverse Effects of Transfusion
- Detection of Fake or Adulterate Urine Sample
- 10 Tips to Look After Your Teeth
- Difference Between Warts, Corns and Calluses
- Stool Examination for Ova and Parasites
- Is the protection of mental health a priority taught in your schools?