Description: Bone Marrow Pathology has been extensively revised to reflect the significant advances which have occurred in the application of cytogenetics and in particular, molecular genetics in the diagnosis, classification and understanding of haematological disorders. This comprehensive book not only provides information on all common disease entities, but also covers rare disorders in which bone marrow examination is useful. It is designed as practical resource with ‘Problems and Pitfalls’ sections throughout to aid laboratory diagnosis.
This fourth edition:
- Incorporates the recommendations of the 2008 WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues
- Covers key diagnostic techniques such as flow cytometric immunophenotyping, immunohistochemistry and cytogenetic and molecular genetic analysis
- Includes new diagnostic algorithms and summary boxes
- Contains 550 colour illustrations including high-quality digital photomicrographs
- Haematologists and histopathologists will find this book an invaluable desktop reference when performing daily blood and bone marrow investigations.