Description: This book sets out to demonstrate all aspects of laboratory work that pertain to pregnancy, providing useful background detail for clinicians. Each chapter is written by an author with a particular interest in the subject and is thorough and well referenced. Offers guidance to using and interpreting laboratory testing in pregnant women. Reviews normal physiological and biochemical changes occuring in pregnancy as evaluates numerous pathological states.
Description: Organized by type of test. Now in its second edition, Delmar's Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests adds over 50 new entries to its compilation of over 600 lab and diagnostic tests. Up-to-date information is provided in an easy-to-use, easy-to-find format ideal for both students and practitioners of nursing, medicine, and medical technology. The exceptionally straightforward and concise presentation of information allows you to focus on providing comprehensive care to your client having laboratory and diagnostic tests and procedures. Now for the first time 50 of the most used tests are included in PDA downloadable format on the accompanying CD-ROM, giving you free electronic access to the test and procedure information most needed.
- 11 Apr 2017
Description: Wallach’s Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests, now in its Ninth Edition, has been completely revised and updated by a new author team from the Department of Hospital Laboratories, UMass Memorial Medical Center faculty, who are carrying on the tradition of Jacques Wallach’s teachings. This text serves as a practical guide to the use of laboratory tests which aids physicians in using tests more effectively and efficiently by offering test outcomes, possible meanings, differential diagnosis, and summaries of tests available.
The book has been reorganized into 2 sections. The first section is devoted to an alphabetical listing of laboratory tests while stressing the integration of the clinical laboratory in the clinical decision making process. Test sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative infectious disease probabilities are included whenever appropriate. Microbiology tests are listed in a separate chapter. The second section is devoted to disease states. Where appropriate, a patient’s chief complaint and/or physical findings are initially presented with subsequent discussions focused on discrete disease states as they relate to a patient’s chief complaint. Current molecular diagnostic testing, cytogenetics, common pitfalls, test limitations, and identification of appropriate tests for specific clinical presentations are also addressed.
Ninth Edition highlights include:
Detailed listing and description of routine and esoteric tests listed alphabetically, with information on when to order and how to interpret the test results based on evidence-based laboratory medicine.
Information on how to work up patients with specific symptoms and the appropriate lab tests to order
Up-to-date test procedures including molecular diagnostic tests
Detailed microbiology chapter of infectious diseases
- 11 Apr 2017
Description: Bone Marrow Pathology has been extensively revised to reflect the significant advances which have occurred in the application of cytogenetics and in particular, molecular genetics in the diagnosis, classification and understanding of haematological disorders. This comprehensive book not only provides information on all common disease entities, but also covers rare disorders in which bone marrow examination is useful. It is designed as practical resource with ‘Problems and Pitfalls’ sections throughout to aid laboratory diagnosis.
This fourth edition:
- Incorporates the recommendations of the 2008 WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues
- Covers key diagnostic techniques such as flow cytometric immunophenotyping, immunohistochemistry and cytogenetic and molecular genetic analysis
- Includes new diagnostic algorithms and summary boxes
- Contains 550 colour illustrations including high-quality digital photomicrographs
- Haematologists and histopathologists will find this book an invaluable desktop reference when performing daily blood and bone marrow investigations.
- 11 Apr 2017
Description: A–Z of Haematology provides an essential ‘quick reference guide’ to definitions covering the entire spectrum of haematology, from blood transfusion and coagulation through to recent advances in molecular haematology.
It is the indispensable guide for all those practising or studying haematology including research scientists and biomedical scientists working in diagnostic laboratories. Scientists working in cytogenetics and immunophenotyping will also find it a valuable repository of relevant knowledge.
A–Z of Haematology includes:
- Definitions cover the entire spectrum of haematology, from blood transfusion and coagulation through to molecular haematology
- Essential "quick reference guide" for all those practising or studying haematology
- Over 100 figures to explain and clarify difficult concepts
- Inclusion of all CD numbers and oncogenes to be encountered in daily practice
- Appendices of laboratory data and normal values included
Description: As the study of embryology continues to be integrated with a range of disciplines, Before We Are Born remains the ideal solution for students who need to quickly learn the basics. Fully updated by the world’s foremost embryologists, this medical reference book provides concise guidance on human embryology at every stage of development, utilizing rich illustrations and photographs designed to further explain content.
- Understand all of the latest advances in embryology, including normal and abnormal embryogenesis, causes of birth defects, and the role of genes in human development.
- See how discoveries in molecular biology have affected clinical practice, including the development of sophisticated new techniques such as recumbent DNA technology and stem cell manipulation.
- Prepare for the USMLE Step 1 with clinical case presentations, highlighted in special boxes, which demonstrate how embryology concepts relate to clinical practice.
- Quickly review just the embryology information you need to know, masterfully distilled from the popular book The Developing Human, written by the same author team.
- Understand the complex concepts inherent in embryology with help from streamlined content, didactic illustrations, and clinical photos.
- Test your knowledge with brand-new review questions at the end of each chapter.
- Searchable, portable, shareable, and perpetual, this Student Consult title offers enhanced features that allow you to interact with your content like never before.
Development of a novel collagen wound model to simulate the activity and distribution of antimicrobials in soft tissue during diabetic foot infection.
- 27 Sep 2016