Palaemon belongs to phylum Arthropoda, sub-phylum Mandibulata, clas Crustacea, sub-class Malacostraca, order Decepoda.
- Cephalothorax, and
- The slit-like mouth opens midventrally at the anterior end of the cephalothorax.
- The anus is a longitudinal aperture present at the base of the telson, ventrally.
- The paired renal apertures open on the inner surface of the coxa of antennae.
- The paired female genital apertures open on the inner surface of coxa of the third pair of walking legs in the female.
- The paired male genital apertures are present on the inner surface of coxa of the fifth pair of walking legs in the male.
- The openings of the statocysts are on the basal segment of each antennule.