- BS Media
- Published: 21, Apr, 2017 | Updated: April 21, 2017
Systematic position of Fasciola:
4) With the help of cilia it swims in the water
The germ cells will undergo parthenogenesis and give rise to the next larval stage called cercaria in the winter season. These cercaria larvae will come out of the redia through birthpore.
- It is oval in shape with tail.
- It is 0.25mm to 0.35mm in length.
- The cuticle covering will show backwardly directed spines.
- Two suckers are present, a) Oral sucker around mouth, b) ventral sucker.
- The digestive system starts with mouth, opens into pharynx, oesophagus and intestine. Intestine divided into two branches.
- More flame cells are present. All of them open into excretory tubules. The two excretory tubules will unite at the posterior end and become excretory bladder. It gives an excretory tube. It divides into two, which opens out through nephridiopore.
- Germ cells are present.
Thus Fasciola hepatica completes its life cycle.