Search results
Tuesday, 23 May 2017 18:41

COMPOSITION OF BLOOD AND ITS FUNCTIONS

Written by
The blood is red in color and circulates in the body like a river. The blood consists of a homogenous fluid called plasma constituting 55% and the remaining 45% by…
Wednesday, 24 May 2017 18:43

BLOOD CLOTTING PROCESS

Written by
COAGULATION OF BLOOD MECHANISM The blood remains in a fluid state as long as it is inside the blood vessels. But when it comes in contact with external atmospheric conditions,…
Thursday, 21 March 2019 09:53

Blood Group Systems

Written by
International Society of Blood Transfusion (ISBT) Working Party has organized red cell antigens into 25 blood group systems. Red cell antigens that are produced by alleles (alternative forms of a…
For the estimation of hemoglobin by oxyhemoglobin method, blood sample is mixed with a weak ammonia solution and then absorbance of this solution is deliberated in a photometer using a…
By this method, the approximate value of hemoglobin is estimated. This method is simple and rapid. This method is most common in the blood bank for the selection of blood…
Packed cell volume (PCV) is the volume occupied by the red cells when a sample of anticoagulated blood is centrifuged. It indicates relative proportion of red cells to plasma. PCV…
Principle Anticoagulated whole blood is centrifuged in a Wintrobe tube to completely pack the red cells. The volume of packed red cells is read directly from the tube. An advantage…
Principle Anticoagulated whole blood is centrifuged in a capillary tube of uniform bore to pack the red cells. Centrifugation is done in a special microhematocrit centrifuge till packing of red…
Tuesday, 18 July 2017 08:44

TOTAL ERYTHROCYTE COUNT (MANUAL METHOD)

Written by
Erythrocyte (Gr. erythros, red; kytos, cell) or red blood corpuscles are circular, anucleated, highly flexible, biconcave disc-shaped cells with high edges. The sixe of each cell averages 7.2 micrometer in…