Content Manager of BioScience.pk website.
Discription: Help each student think like a nurse using a clear, consistent approach
Consistency and accessibility are essential to student success in the Fundamentals of Nursing course. With its clear, approachable, writing style, Kozier & Erb’s Fundamentals of Nursing sets the foundation for nursing excellence. Coverage of the key concepts of contemporary nursing, as well as the latest nursing evidence, standards, and competencies, helps prepare readers to become effective nurses. To help students develop their clinical-reasoning abilities, new QSEN features draw connections to actual nursing practice. All basic and fundamental skills for the registered nurse are described within the nursing process. Students will learn to think like nurses as they see how the material they are reading is applied in nursing practice.
Also available with MyNursingLab®
This title is also available with MyNursingLab—an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to engage students in the Fundamentals of Nursing course and improve results. Its guided learning path is proven to help students think like a nurse as they move beyond memorization to true understanding through application.
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyNursingLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyNursingLab, search the Pearson website.
MyNursingLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyNursingLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Offer a consistent, seamless skills component
Because the Berman textbook and Skills books are written by the same author team, fundamentals students experience a seamless presentation, style, and experience throughout. Contact your Pearson representative to package Kozier & Erb’s Fundamentals of Nursing, Tenth Edition with the authors’ Skills in Clinical Nursing, Eighth Edition ISBN: 013399743X.
Discription: Seeing is believing with the Atlas of Normal Roentgen Variants That May Simulate Disease, edited by the late Theodore Keats and Mark W. Anderson. Now streamlined into a more concise, portable print format, with a wealth of additional content online, this medical reference book's thousands of images capture the roentgenographic presentation of a full range of normal variants and pseudo-lesions that may resemble pathologic conditions, helping you avoid false positives. You'd be hard pressed to find a comparable image collection in any one place online.
Discription: The book follows a pattern of showing a case with description and almost complete information about that specific topic and follows with an extra or couple extra cases of the same topic to reinforce the acquired knowledge. Really nice idea, works great for me, clear explanations, good quality pictures. Wont part with this book.
Discription: The 5 Minute Pediatric Consult provides immediate, practical advice on problems seen in infants, children, and adolescents. More than 450 diseases and conditions are covered in the fast-access two-page outline format that makes The 5-Minute Consult Series titles so popular among busy clinicians. Other features include a Chief Complaints section addressing the workup and treatment of 50 signs and symptoms, plus a medication index, syndromes glossary, surgical glossary, laboratory values, and tables all for quick reference saving you time and helping to treat your patients more efficiently.
In this sixth edition, the 5 Minute Pediatric Consult also offers free 30 day access to the 5minuteconsult Pediatric website -- a clinical decision support tool -- that can be accessed by the health care providers to address questions on-the-go via website or mobile.
- New topics for this edition include: Amenorrhea, Asberger Syndrome, Dental Trauma, Head banging, Mental Retardation, Narcolepsy, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Separation Anxiety and Social Anxiety
- Free 30 Day Access to the 5minuteconsult Pediatric Website Includes -
- More than 450 diseases and conditions to support your patient care decisions
- Patient education handouts from AAP to help educate your patients
- Hundreds of Images from Chung's "Visual Diagnosis and Treatment in Pediatrics" and other reputable sources to provide you with quick visual guidance
- Immunization schedules and charts at your fingertips to save you time from searching
- Content is optimized for handheld devices so you have access to the content anytime, anywhere
- Updates to content made on a regular basis to keep you abreast of the latest content
Visit 5minuteconsult.com and click on the "go to pediatric consult tab" to learn more about your free access and begin using today!
Discription: Updated to reflect the newest changes in genetics, Thompson & Thompson's Genetics in Medicine returns as one of the most favored texts in this fascinating and rapidly evolving field. By integrating the classic principles of human genetics with modern molecular genetics, this medical reference book utilizes a variety of learning tools to help you understand a wide range of genetic disorders.
- Acquire the state-of-the-art knowledge you need on the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, pharmacogenetics, and bio-informatics.
- Better understand the relationship between basic genetics and clinical medicine with a variety of clinical case studies.
- Recognize a wide range of genetic disorders with visual guidance from more than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos.
- Immerse yourself in updated graphics, full-color text, illustrations, line diagrams, and clinical photos of genetic diseases.
- Explore the latest genetic content available in order to remain up to date on the most current trends in the field.
- Take advantage of a double-page clinical case study section that demonstrates and reinforces general principles of disease inheritance, pathogenesis, diagnosis, management, and counseling.
- Enhance your critical thinking skills and better retain information. Each chapter ends with up to 5 quick genetic "problems" related to what has just been reviewed, with answers provided in the back of the book.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices. You'll also access USMLE-style and multiple choice questions
Discription: This 8th Edition of Moss and Adams' Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents: Including the Fetus and Young Adult, provides updated and useful information from leading experts in pediatric cardiology. Added chapters and a companion web site that includes the full text with bonus question and answer sections make this Moss and Adams’ edition a valuable resource for those who care for infants, children, adolescents, young adults, and fetuses with heart disease.
- Access to online questions similar to those on the pediatric cardiology board examination to prepare you for certification or recertification
- Leading international experts provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional techniques to keep you abreast of the latest advances in treatment of young patients
- Chapters on quality of life, quality and safety, pharmacology, and research design add to this well-respected text
Discription: Includes nearly 2,500 case-based questions and answer rationales, newly updated to reflect the most current developments in practice.
- Chapter Summaries offer a quick review of the concepts—great for last-minute exam preparation.
- Open-ended Clinical Case Management Problems in each chapter provide additional opportunities for articulating your understanding of key topics.
- Features the most current information on concussion management, palliative care, pain management, and more.
- Allows you to earn up to 75 CME Credits online through Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Discription: Local and Regional Flaps in Head & Neck Reconstruction: A Practical Approach provides comprehensive, step–by–step instruction for flap raising and insetting for the head and neck region. Ideal for oral and maxillofacial surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, and head and neck surgeons, the book serves as a useful guide to planning reconstructive cases and an easily accessible reference prior to operation.
Local and Regional Flaps in Head & Neck Reconstruction is logically organized into 24 chapters, each focusing on a local or regional flap, or a special site reconstruction. Chapters focused on a particular flap will begin with a detailed description of the relevant anatomy and discuss potential applications of the flap before moving into a detailed step–by–step description of how to elevated and transfer the flap to the defect site. Potential complications will also be addressed.
Well–illustrated with more than 800 clinical photographs and with a website featuring surgical procedures, this book is an ideal reference for those new to practice and experts alike.
Discription: Part of the Essential Emergency Medicine Series, this book offers emergency department staff a one-stop shop for information about all aspects of imaging. With the demand for cost-effective treatment, and the plethora of imaging options, the emergency physician needs to know which test will provide the best information with the least impact on the patient. The authors present information in a systematic, user-friendly approach. Beginning with the suspected diagnosis, the clinician reviews a brief overview of the condition, usual findings, and possible lab tests. "Bedside Pearls" reflect usual findings; classic images with more pearls about the specific technique follow. Each chapter ends with the advantages and disadvantages of the various imaging modalities.
Discription: Acclaimed for its clear, friendly style, excellent illustrations, leading author team, and compelling theme of exploration, Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain, 4e takes a fresh, contemporary approach to the study of neuroscience, emphasizing the biological basis of behavior. The authors’ passion for the dynamic field of neuroscience is evident on every page, engaging students and helping them master the material.
In just a few years, the field of neuroscience has been transformed by exciting new technologies and an explosion of knowledge about the brain. The human genome has been sequenced, sophisticated new methods have been developed for genetic engineering, and new methods have been introduced to enable visualization and stimulation of specific types of nerve cells and connections in the brain. The new Fourth Edition has been fully updated to reflect these and other rapid advances in the field, while honoring its commitment to be student-friendly with striking new illustrations, additional animations, and an unparalleled array of online resources.