Content Manager of BioScience.pk website.
Discription: Part of the acclaimed McGraw-Hill Education Specialty Board Review series, this well-illustrated review is essential for pulmonary medicine physicians preparing for board certification or recertification. The coverage mirrors the board exam outline of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), focusing specifically on the most commonly tested topics in obstructive lung disease, critical care, diffuse parenchymal lung disease, sleep medicine, infections, and neoplasms.
Offering more illustrations than similar reviews, Pulmonary Disease Examination and Board Review delivers authoritative coverage of the key concepts tested on the certification exam, including: making a diagnosis, test ordering and interpretation, treatment recommendations, understanding epidemiologic studies, understanding pathophysiology, and applying basic science knowledge to clinical situations.
- Case-based presentation mirrors the exam format
- Includes numerous high-quality images, including: x-rays, CT scans, and electrocardiograms
- Excellent as clinical refresher in pulmonary medicine
Discription: Get the essential tools you need to make an accurate diagnosis with Nuclear Medicine: The Requisites! The newest edition of his bestselling volume by Drs. Harvey Ziessman, Janis O'Malley, and James Thrall delivers the conceptual, factual, and interpretive information you need for effective clinical practice in nuclear medicine imaging, as well as for certification and recertification review.
- Prepare for the written board exam and for clinical practice with critical information on nuclear medicine physics, detection and instrumentation, SPECT and PET imaging, and clinical nuclear medicine imaging.
- Get the best results from today's most technologically advanced approaches, including hybrid imaging, PET/CT, and SPECT/CT, as well as recent developments in instrumentation, radiopharmaceuticals, and molecular imaging.
- Clearly visualize the findings you're likely to see in practice and on exams with nearly 200 vibrant new full-color images.
- Access the fully searchable text and downloadable images online at www.expertconsult.com.
Discription: The latest edition of the acclaimed, comprehensive postgraduate textbook in paediatric emergency medicine, giving clear and concise coverage of all the major topics that present in this field. A standard text for trainees and residents but also an invaluable, up-to-date resource for all those involved in the provision of emergency care to children.
Discription: Rang & Dale's Pharmacology provides you with all the knowledge you need to get through your pharmacology course and beyond. Drs. Humphrey P. Rang, Maureen M. Dale, James M. Ritter, Rod Flower, and Graeme Henderson present a clear and accessible approach to the analysis of therapeutic agents at the cellular and molecular level through detailed diagrams, full-color illustrations, and pedagogical features. Plus, USMLE-style review questions and additional learning tools online at studentconsult.com make this the perfect resource to turn to for a full understanding of key concepts in pharmacology.
Discription: Textbook of Pediatric Hematology & Hemato-Oncology is a highly illustrated, comprehensive guide to diseases and cancers of the blood in paediatrics. Fifty chapters by internationally recognised paediatric haematologists and haemato-oncologists are grouped into seven sections, covering physiology, neonatal haematology, red blood cell and white blood cell disorders, bleeding disorders, transfusion medicine, haemato-oncology and other general topics. The haemato-oncology section covers cancers of the blood and includes lymphoblastic leukaemia, myeloid leukaemia (chronic and acute), juvenile myelomonocytic leukaemia, and bone marrow transplantation. The final 'general' section features discussion on gene therapy, monoclonal antibodies and biological response modifiers. Each chapter is peer-reviewed, with a list of references ensuring authoritative content, and the book is further enhanced by nearly 200 images and illustrations. Textbook of Pediatric Hematology & Hemato-Oncology is an indispensable resource for paediatricians, practitioners and trainees. Key Points * Comprehensive guide to paediatric diseases and cancers of the blood *50 peer reviewed chapters with references *198 images and illustrations
Discription: This new edition has been fully revised to provide the most up to date information in the field of immunology. Beginning with a brief history of the subject, the following chapters cover all aspects of immunology, from basic immunity and antigens, to immunodeficiency disorders including HIV, tumour immunology, and transplantation immunology. This concise second edition is highly illustrated with detailed graphics, colour diagrams, charts and tables, and each chapter features study questions and suggestions for further reading. Key points * Fully revised, second edition, providing latest information on complete field of immunology * Highly illustrated with graphics, diagrams, charts and tables * Study questions and further reading suggestions included in each chapter * Previous edition published in 2007
Discription: The Comprehensive Atlas of 3D Echocardiography takes full advantage of today’s innovative multimedia technology. To help the reader understand the unique dynamic nature of a comprehensive 3D echocardiographic examination, the printed pages are supplemented with a companion website; this Atlas introduces the use of anatomy specimens, videos, unique imaging windows, and novel displays obtained with cropping tools. This approach offers a clear picture of how the diagnostic and monitoring capabilities of 3D echocardiography can benefit patients with a wide range of cardiovascular pathology, including congenital heart disease.
By showing a large number and variety of case studies, this Atlas demonstrates how 3D echocardiography can greatly enhance the diagnosis and clinical decision-making, especially when compared to two-dimensional techniques.
Whether you’re a Cardiologist, Sonographer, Anesthesiologist, Intensivist, Cardiac Surgeon, Researcher or any other Cardiovascular Medicine Professional, you’ll find this new Comprehensive Atlas of 3D Echocardiography is a must have reference book.
• Companion website includes more than 350 videos and 400 still images
• Emphasizes real-time 3D TEE technology
• Comparisons with anatomic specimens and 2D echocardiographic images provided, where helpful, to aid in the understanding of how 3D views and measurements relate to standard 2D techniques
Discription: This book provides high quality and challenging case histories aimed at candidates preparing for the MRCP examination. It is designed in particular for the written element of Part 2, adopting the extended grey case style of the new format examination in which cases can each feature some or all of the following elements: case histories, data interpretation, picture testing. The book will be useful both as a revision guide and an aid to further study. All questions are presented in the form of 'best of five', 'pick 'n' from many' and 'multiple matching'. In-depth explanations are provided to accompany all answers. New to this second edition is the introduction of full colour sections, ensuring that the illustrated cases mimic exactly those questions that the candidate will encounter in the exam setting.
Discription: This succinct, expert authored guide clearly, systematically reviews more than 100 of the most common and challenging skin disorders. Featuring an easy-to-follow, full-color presentation, it clarifies diagnosis and treatment, giving you a solid grasp of the latest clinical protocols.
- More than 250 full-color illustrations
- Cohesive three section organization:
Section 1 reviews the principles of diagnosis and management as well as office-based procedures
Section 2 covers common and critical dermatologic conditions
Section 3 teaches the differential diagnosis of skin diseases in specific body regions based on morphology and other clinical findings
- Includes access to online learning center where videos of the skin exam and office procedures as well as lectures and additional images increase your understanding
- Consistent presentation for disease-based chapters provides a cohesive framework for understanding the material
- Evidence-based reviews and international guidelines
- Learning aids throughout the book include text boxes, concept clarifying figures and photographs, and insightful clinical “Pearls” and “Pitfalls”
Discription: This text offers medical students a case-based approach to learning the mechanisms of renal disease. Each chapter covers a disease, beginning with a patient case and followed by a discussion of the pathophysiology of the disease. Issues of differential diagnosis and therapy are linked to pathophysiologic mechanisms. Short questions interspersed throughout the text require students to apply their knowledge. Detailed answers to the questions are included.
- Full-color artwork and design
- New color photomicrographs of clinical conditions
- Additional end-of-chapter summaries
- Up-to-date information based on new medical findings