- 14 May 2016
Description: With cancer-related deaths projected to rise to 10.3 million people by 2020, the need to prevent, diagnose, and cure cancer is greater than ever. This book presents readers with the most up-to-date imaging instrumentation, general and diagnostic applications for various cancers, with an emphasis on lung and breast carcinomas--the two major worldwide malignancy types. This book discusses the various imaging techniques used to locate and diagnose tumors, including ultrasound, X-ray, color Doppler sonography, PET, CT, PET/CT, MRI, SPECT, diffusion tensor imaging, dynamic infrared imaging, and magnetic resonance spectroscopy. It also details strategies for imaging cancer, emphasizing the importance of the use of this technology for clinical diagnosis. Imaging techniques that predict the malignant potential of cancers, response to chemotherapy and other treatments, recurrence, and prognosis are also detailed.
- Concentrates on the application of imaging technology to the diagnosis and prognosis of lung and breast carcinomas, the two major worldwide malignancies
- Addresses the relationship between radiation dose and image quality
- Discusses the role of molecular imaging in identifying changes for the emergence and progression of cancer at the cellular and/or molecular levels
- 07 May 2016
Description: Standing as the only text focused on the pharmaceutical treatment of asthma, this reference details the pharmacology, mechanisms of action, efficacy, and safety of every drug currently used in the management and care of asthma patients. Internationally renowned authorities cover published practice guidelines, treatment plans, pharmacologic agents, and clinical studies to provide the most authoritative and up-to-date information on the use of medications to control and prevent this common condition.
Reviewing the role of pharmacotherapy in the overall management of asthma, this guide:
- Reviews the pharmacology and clinical use of inhaled corticosteroids, beta adrenergic agonists, leukotriene modifiers, combination products, and many other asthma drugs
- Provides a practical framework for the optimal pharmacotherapy of asthma, focusing on outpatient therapy
- Examines international guidelines for the drug treatment of asthma.
Description: Now available in its Third Edition, Asthma: Basic Mechanisms and Clinical Management has become the reference text in asthma. This highly successful text sheds new light on the basic physiological and molecular mechanisms of asthma, how current treatments work, and how best to apply the latest knowledge to control this important disease. The Third Edition has undergone radical revision and includes several new chapters. It retains the virtues of the previous volumes by bringing together all of the recent research findings by internationally recognized experts on the causative mechanisms of asthma, including in-depth clinical aspects and therapy. The book presents an integrated approach toward the treatment of this disease with new concepts, changes in asthma management, and the development of new therapeutic agents. Asthma provides extensive references for researchers and clinicians who need to keep abreast of recent developments in this rapidly expanding field.
- Comprehensive coverage of both basic science and clinical aspects of asthma
- Extensively referenced throughout