- 01 May 2016
Description: This resource is designed for students and workers in the health care sciences studying pathology. It is not a comprehensive guide to disease. As such the information may not be sufficient to address specific patient problems and these should be handled by health care providers familiar with the specific clinical details relevant to the individual.
- 01 May 2016
Description: This is a modern Textbook in Pathology. The material is presented in a systematic manner in the best tradition of textbook writings. This book will be most appreciated by students who are methodical and do not take shortcuts in their effort to acquire encyclopedic knowledge of pathology. The structure of the text also allows focusing on the most important aspects of each topic discussed. Each chapter is subdivided into smaller entities, which are further divided into paragraphs, ideally suited for easy reading. Color coded headings and the added emphasis in form of words printed in bold or capital letters are additional attractions that facilitate learning. Unique to this Textbook is the numerous hand-drawn color illustrations, including many renditions of histopathologic slides. These drawings are simple, but to the point and well annotated. Students will most likely understand them much easier than the relatively impersonal original microphotographs of the same histopathologic lesions. Flow-charts are most efficiently used to explicate the pathogenesis of various lesions or the pathophysiology of disease processes. Tables are used for classifications and comparative listings of closely related diseases and their pathologic features. In essence, the revised edition is a comprehensive text of pathology meant primarily for students of pathology; however, the practicing clinicians and students of other branches of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, alternate system of medicine, and paramedical courses may also find it useful.
Description: One of the best-selling medical textbooks of all time, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease is the one book that nearly all medical students purchase, and is also widely used by physicians worldwide. A "who's who" of pathology experts delivers the most dependable, current, and complete coverage of today's essential pathology knowledge. At the same time, masterful editing and a practical organization make mastering every concept remarkably easy. Online access via Student Consult includes self-assessment and review questions, interactive case studies, downloadable images, videos, and a virtual microscope that lets you view slides at different magnifications. The result remains the ideal source for an optimal understanding of pathology.
- Offers the most authoritative and comprehensive, yet readable coverage available in any pathology textbook, making it ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation as well as for course work.
- Includes access to the complete contents online via Student Consult, along with self-assessment and review questions, over 100 interactive clinical case studies, downloadable images, videos, and a virtual microscope that lets users view slides at different magnifications.
- Delivers a state-of-the-art understanding of the pathologic basis of disease through completely updated coverage, including the latest cellular and molecular biology.
- Demonstrates every concept visually with over 1,600 full-color photomicrographs and conceptual diagrams - many revised for even better quality.
- Facilitates learning with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.